Sunday, December 4, 2011

Graphic Novel Workshop

In my school we have this thing last thing on Friday afternoon called 'enrichment'. Degrees of enthsiasm from the girls vary wildly: some of them get to choose, some are pre-allocated, and some simply don't get to do what they want to do. And believe me, some of the curriculum sessions are eye-wateringly unappealing. I know I would look on in envy at 'Guitar for Beginners' if I was stuck in 'Spain: The Franco Years'. Not that Franco isn't interesting per se; but it isn't when you're a teenage girl on a Frida y afternoon, that's for sure.

Anyway, have put forward an idea for a graphic novel workshop. I can't actually draw or paint myself, but there are loads of great artists in the school. And there, I'm sure, are plenty of wonderful writers as well. As someone who can write novels (ahem), I reckon I can steer us in the direction of something decent. It sounds like it could be fun. Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment